20anniversariochiaro

Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Welcome to the Kunena forum!

Tell us and our members who you are, what you like and why you became a member of this site.
We welcome all new members and hope to see you around a lot!

TOPIC: Switch to Fiber Optic Technology

Switch to Fiber Optic Technology 5 months 2 weeks ago #17643

• ajayjay
  • User is blocked
  • Hi, I’m Lokesh. I’m a writer living in New York.
The total number of end-to-end fiber optic connections in the United States has increased by more than 10% year-over-year. While this is a strong trend in the right direction, the rate of growth actually lags behind Mexico, Europe and Chile. There are a variety of factors impacting the rate of fiber optic expansion in the United States:

Rural markets represent a lower return on investment for ISP’s as there are fewer potential customers per square mile when compared with densely populated urban markets.
Large telecoms have internal bureaucracies that slow down the process of rolling out network upgrades that meet individual customer needs.
Field Engineers working within telecom teams are centrally located and cannot be easily transitioned from market to market to roll out non-sequential network upgrades.
Local, state and federal permitting processes to require cutting through the significant red tape in order to implement network changes and upgrades.
Short-term upgrades to existing DSL and copper infrastructure may be more cost-effective.
Last Edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by ajayjay.
The administrator has disabled public write access.
Time to create page: 0.061 seconds